Employee Focus: Katelynn Burkett

 

 


We are quickly racing toward 2024 but before we close out 2023, for our final Employee Focus of the year we are getting to know Katie Burkett.  Katie is our Materials & Logistics Administrator who just celebrated her 2-year anniversary back in November.  Katie likes that her job is challenging as well as rewarding.  “I like the hustle and bustle of working in the manufacturing plant and I’m grateful that I work with a couple of amazing supervisors who have taken the time to mentor me and help me with my career.”   Katie shared that one of her goals is to eventually move into a supervisory position here at Van Mark. 

“I was offered this position knowing that it would open up a new career path for me so, I jumped at the opportunity.  I feel very lucky to have found a career I love!”  Developing relationships and working with some of Van Mark’s outside vendors has been a challenging part of Katie’s job, however, she feels she has now mastered it.  “I’m also very proud of the processes I’ve created to streamline my efforts and keep things running smoothly.”  Van Mark is a proven company coming up on its 60th anniversary and Katie tells us she excited to be a part of its continued growth and evolution.

We asked Katie what advice she would give to her “younger” self and, this was her reply: “Don’t be afraid to try new things, don’t be afraid to fail and, don’t be afraid to ask questions.”  Sounds like some excellent advice for everyone.  During the course of our interview, we also learned that Katie is a classically trained dancer, having started at just 2 years old, she learned ballet, tap, jazz and hip hop.  This is what probably led to her being the captain of the Pom dance team while in high school.  She’s also a very talented musician who can play the clarinet, piano, guitar, bass guitar, and ukulele!  

During her free time Katie enjoys long distance running, painting, and spending time with her friends and family.  Katie grew up in Goodrich, Michigan and currently resides in Ortonville, Michigan with her 2 guinea pigs and 2 parakeets.

Keep an eye out for another employee focus in the coming months and in the meanwhile be sure to follow us on social media for news, tips, and product information.

Popular Posts